Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Brilliant Background

 Have you seen Beautiful Autumn, one of the new stamp sets in the August - December 2020 Mini Catalog?  I wanted to create with it, but first needed a spectacular background.

This was the result:


If that doesn't look like autumn, I don't know what does!  

Using Watercolor paper and my (retired) Pigment Sprinkles, I created a lush fall-leaf montage of colors.  I actually used only Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green, but when blending together I also got a Shaded Spruce,  Garden Green and Pumpkin Pie pallet.  Just gorgeous!  And then the fun began.


I stamped the maple and oak leaves from the stamp set directly on the watercolor paper, then used the coordinating punches to punch them out.  They were added to my sprinkled page to look like falling leaves.


I used a base of Mango Melody and added to embossed layers - Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow, then the colored piece with the leaves. 



It's finished with a strip of Striped Mossy Meadow ribbon, some Linen Thread and some Sequins for Everything.  So fun!

And inside:


A few more of the falling leaves to continue the autumnal feel.  

And the best part is that I had another half-sheet of the Sprinkled background for another card - come back tomorrow to see what else I made.


Product List

No comments: