Thursday, October 29, 2020

Posted Birthday

 I saw this lovely card made by a fellow demonstrator, Tammy Wilson, and wanted to use the same layout.  Her card was a Christmas card using the reindeer from Posted for You, (you can see it here) but I needed a birthday card.  Isn't it fun that you can use similar layouts to make different cards?  Here is my version:


I had a piece of leftover patterned paper from See a Silhouette (retired 😕) that I wanted to use, so I coordinated the colors to that:  Misty Moonlight and Mossy Meadow, along with Balmy Blue


Since this card has a lot of white, I lightly sponged some Balmy Blue on the Whisper White layer to make the stamped images pop.  The stamps are from Posted for You, colored with Stampin' Blends, and punched with the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch - LOVE!


One layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder.  The scallops were cut with the Budding Blooms dies - I felt it mimicked the edges of the postage stamp.    And I love those Blue Adhesive Backed Gems - they come in a lighter blue and a darker with an iridescent sheen.  So pretty!


This is a layout I'll be using again - I love the simplicity and the ability to use it for a variety of purposes.   Give it a try!  


Product List

No comments: