Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Bird Birthday

 My grandson is 10 years old today.  He was my first, the one to make me a grammy.  And he's very special, as all grandchildren are, especially the first ones.  

Ethan loves birds.  It started when they visited the Grand Canyon when he was just 6, and he bought a National Audubon Society stuffed bird in the gift shop.  He was so taken with this "pet" that he began to study birds.  He has read extensively (his other hobby) and can tell you all about any bird in North America.  

So to honor his love of birds, I made him a special card:


I think I used just about every bird stamp I own!  😄  And do you see something new?  Just take a look at the "hills" - cut with a new die that will be making a debut on November 3rd.  The Curvy dies will coordinate with the Quite Curvy stamp set (see the greeting?) and I know you're going to love it!  Not only are the sentiments curved to match the dies, but those little birds are included.  So CUTE!


I used the die with the hole-punched border with three colors of green, and then layered them to create the hills.  The grass blades were from High Tide (as are the black flying birds).


I also pulled out Free as a Bird for the birds on the branch.  All the birds were colored with Stampin' Blends, and the trees, from Rooted in Nature, were stamped multiple times without re-inking.  

And inside:



I pulled a few stamps from A Grand Kid along with the larger bird from Free as a Bird.  



Happy Birthday to my amazing grandson!  


Curvy dies, Quite Curvy stamps and an exclusive Christmas set, Curvy Christmas, will be available November 3.  Watch for more samples, coming soon. 

Product List

No comments: