Friday, October 2, 2020

Seaside Sympathy

 Making sympathy cards can be difficult.  First of all, the occasion for the card just sucks.  Then there's the difficulty of creating something that will help the recipient through a difficult time...difficult, difficult, difficult!  

I needed a card for a very long-time friend, and although I actually made three cards, one stood out for it's simplicity and calming nature.  When I showed them to my husband, he picked the same one as me, so this is what was sent:


Pretty, peaceful, and with a lovely sentiment.  

I used Love of Leaves and the Stitched Leaves dies.  And lots of white space.  

The card base is Thick Whisper White.  The layer is also Thick Whisper White, and I stamped the leaf in Seaside Spray, then cut it with the coordinating die.  


What I love about these dies is that there is stitching OUTSIDE the image itself.  So the stitching was left on the paper and the leaf was in my hand.  I tied a piece of Flowers for Every Season bakers twine around the stem of the leaf.

I also used the stitching die to make the stitched lines on the right side of the card.   So pretty!

Once the greeting was added, I layered the piece on the card base using Foam Adhesive Sheets, but leaving the leaf "hole" empty.  Then, using Dimensionals, I placed the leaf in the hole to finish the card.


Wishing my friend peace; I hope that is what she feels from the card.  


Product List

No comments: