Sunday, October 18, 2020

Happy Birdie To You

 Sometimes it can be fun to pull out my "less loved" stamps.  We all get caught up in the latest and greatest, and then some sets just don't get the air time they deserve.  Can you relate?  

So when I was looking through my stamps, I realized this had been sitting on the shelf for months...needed a hug:


This kind of card is actually out of my comfort zone.  I'm really not into images of animals (or birds, in this case) and "pretty" isn't usually my schtick.  But somehow I managed to create something I really loved!


I started with the birds on a branch, from Free as a Bird.  Stamped and colored with various yellow Stampin' Blends and then the image was cut with my Brother Scan 'n Cut (these stamps don't have coordinating dies - which is probably why they haven't gotten much love).  Then I had to figure out what to do with it.


I had a piece of retired gingham patterned paper on my desk, so I added purple flowers to the birds and decided to make it a purple card.  Half the card is also white, embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  So when I cut the Gorgeous Grape oval, I decided to emboss it too.  The added texture was perfect!


When I started this card, I had stamped the flowers all over the white half of the card, but it looked too busy.  So I just snipped one of the flowers, embossed it and added it as an embellishment.  Sweet perfection!


Have you got stamps that you've neglected?  Why not pull them out and show them a little love.  You might end up with a beautiful card!


Product List

No comments: