Thursday, October 15, 2020

Scrappy Mosaic

Remember the Scrappy Strip technique?  You can see a sample that I've done here.

Well today I have another take on the Scrappy Strip; this time I cut my strips and laid them down in a slightly haphazard pattern, offsetting each strip:


 Doesn't this look like a mosaic?  L.O.V.E.!

I started with Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo and Calypso Coral strips, cut on an angle, and adhered them to a piece of Whisper White (you can see the skinny white lines between the colors).  Once I had completely covered the white cardstock, I flipped it sideways and sliced it into 1/2" strips.  Then I started all over again, this time laying each strip onto Basic Black cardstock and offsetting each one so the colors aren't quite lined up.


I had no card in mind when I started this background, so once it was done I had to figure out what to do with it.  And I remembered my niece was having a birthday, and the Dressed to Impress set would be perfect for this fashionista.  


What a fun card for a young woman!  Don't you agree?


Product List

No comments: