Thursday, October 1, 2020

Fun-fold Birthday

On our last Ink Master (my team name) Zoom call (we do them twice a month), one of my teammates, Gail, showed us a card using a fun-fold for patterned paper.  I quickly scribbled some measurements, and then decided to try one for myself.




 The outside of the card looks pretty much like a "normal" 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card, but wait until it's opened:


The key is using a 5-1/4" x 12" piece of designer (patterned) paper.  I used the World of Good paper, and once cut, scored it at 4" and 8".  Then I cut one end from the score line to the bottom of the paper on a diagonal.  Once folded, this becomes a pocket.


This can hold a notecard (as I did here) or you can add a gift card to the pocket.  

And look:


I heat embossed all the greetings, stamping the original image in Tuxedo Black and then stamping over it (using the Stamparatus for perfect placement) using Versamark ink.  This allowed me to add Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it for a gorgeous raised and shiny sentiment.  



Once your patterned paper is scored and folded, it's adhered to a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base (I used Basic Black).  Then you can decorate the front to your hearts content - which is just what I did, using the Beautiful World stamps and World Map dies with lots of Brass Foil Sheets.  


Adding a pretty border to the envelope ties the whole project together.  

How often do you try a new way to make your cards?  Try a fun-fold, and see what happens!  


Product List

No comments: