Saturday, September 26, 2020

Two for Maddox

A friend of mine has commissioned me to make a set of 50 cards for Christmas presents.  She has a nephew who writes thank you notes, and she asked me to make him a set of personalized notecards.  Today I'll share two of the designs I created just for him.

I asked about his likes/dislikes, and found that, just like typical 10-year old boys, he loves Legos, sports, the color blue and Minecraft.  So with this in mind, I came up with these:


 I made one of these cards many years ago for my oldest son, Evan, another Lego fan.  He was an adult but still appreciated the card, so I decided this would be perfect for Maddox.


Overall this is a fairly easy card to make, EXCEPT for al those dots!  Each one is punched 3 times and layered together, then added to the color block.  And do you see the little white "swish" on each?  That really adds a touch of dimension.


The letters are cut with retired dies (Little Alphabet - a set I'll never get rid of!) and glued directly to the white panel.

And I like to make a coordinating envelope for each of the cards I'm making for my friend, so this one goes with the Lego card:


Now for another card, this one using "blue":


I really like the way this card came together.  I had seen a similar layout on a card by Brian King, using the Right Triangle stamps.  So I stamped two of the triangles, cut them with the coordinating Stitched Triangle dies and then mounted them to opposite corners of the Whisper White cardstock.  


This time I used the wonderful Playful Alphabet dies to cut out the name.  Before cutting, I added some Foam Adhesive Sheets to the back of the Misty Moonlight cardstock, then cut the letters.  This allowed me to pop them up - such a cool option for added dimension!


And the coordinating envelope, with the corners stamped with another of the triangle stamps.  

I almost wish I knew Maddox - maybe he'd send me one of these cards!  

Which is your favorite?


Product List

No comments: