Monday, September 21, 2020

In the Woods Christmas

How about another Merry Monday?  I'm seriously getting all my holiday cards done WAY early!  😀


 This is a pretty card, and not too hard to make.  I started by stamping the background trees from Winter Woods on Shimmery White cardstock using Versamark ink.  Then I heat embossed them with Clear embossing powder.  


Then it was time for a little magic - I created a mask for the "hill" below the trees, and then used a brayer to add Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight and finally Night of Navy inks.  This created a lake and a night sky behind the trees.  And since the trees were embossed, the ink was resisted, allowing the white trees to show.  


The paper hill was cut using the In the Woods dies.  The greeting is from Gift Wrapped, and the Winter Woods tree was stamped and cut with the coordinating die, then popped up on Dimensionals.


I finished by sprinkling some Ice Stampin' Glitter on the tree.  This is such a serene card; just a perfect winter night!  


Product List

2 comments:

bonniemon said...

Oh, shimmer white; that's perfect! I love the background and thought maybe it was sponging. I don't use the sponge brayer at all, and will have to try it! Beautiful card, Priscilla!

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Bonnie! I don't use the brayer as often as I should, but this was so easy that it reminded me to use it more. And they rinse out so nicely, so they can be used again and again with all ink colors.