Sunday, September 20, 2020

Bright Birthday

 When a new customer placed an order for several pink and orange cardstock packs, the Tasteful Textiles embossing folder and some now-retired Pigment Sprinkles (still available on the Clearance Rack) I wanted to make her a thank you card using some of these products.  And then I had left-overs, so this happened:


OMG, I'm in love with my own creation!  😍

I had started with a piece of Watercolor paper, enough to make two card fronts (just in case I messed up on half of it).  I spritzed it with water and sprinkled on the Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Melon Mambo Pigment Sprinkles.  There is always such magic when the colors spread and blend!  And the entire sheet was so pretty!  So I cut it in half and proceeded to make my thank you card.  But the other half became this birthday card.


Because I knew I'd be adding the Whisper White embossed panel, I cut a few sprigs from the center of the Sprinkled paper using the Sunflower and In the Woods dies.  And note that gold ring - that is one of the Gold Hoops embellishments and add such a beautiful touch!  


The base is Melon Mambo, with a skinny layer of Mango Melody.  Then comes the gorgeous sprinkled sheet, topped with the white Stitched So Sweetly, Tasteful Textiles-embossed piece.  

My mom is going to be 92 in a week.  She suffers from dementia, and will have no idea what this card is about, but I know that my "old mom" would have loved it.  So to honor HER, I'm going to be sending her this card.  If nothing else, I hope that the bright colors make her happy.

So happy birthday, mom!  



Product List

2 comments:

Judy said...

Your card is stunning - the colors are so uplifting. Thank you for putting a smile on face with your creation.

Priscilla said...

Why thank you, Judy! I love bright colors, so this makes me smile too!