Friday, September 18, 2020

Thanks a Ton!

 I've been commissioned to make 50 cards for a friend (by November, so I'm good) and a few are for a 10-year old boy who writes thank you notes for gifts (does anyone really do that anymore?  I'm so impressed).  

So I was trying to think of themes for his cards, and decided on Whale Done for one of them:


This is a "fun fold" card, meaning that it opens a little differently than a standard card.  The card base is 5-1/2" x 7" (instead of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2").  Take a look:


Isn't that fun?

When creating this card, I used a piece of the Whale of a Time patterned paper.  I cut it to 5-3/8" x 4", and then split it into two pieces - one is 5-3/8" x 2-7/8" and the other is 5-3/8" x 1-1/8".  This allowed me to continue the pattern across the front of the card, over the two panels.  And that 5/8" strip from the top of the paper is along the bottom inside:


I stamped the whale using Pretty Peacock ink, and punched it out using the Whale Builder Punch.  


It's mounted to a Layering Circle on which some seaweed is stamped along with a Granny Apple Green greeting.

And check out that smiling sea turtle!  He is one of the images on the patterned paper - I used my Scan-n-Cut to cut him out so I could add him to the card.


I would love to get a card like this from one of my grandkids!  Wouldn't you?


Product List

No comments: