Thursday, September 10, 2020

Congrats!

Do you ever have a serendipity moment?  One of those times when you aren't planning something and then good fortune just happens?  Last night I had a serendipity card moment.  

Last week I made a "congrats" card for one of my Ink Masters team members, cutting the letters out using the Playful Alphabet dies.  When I was done cutting, I decided to use the negative space (the left-over part with the holes in it where your letters were cut) for my card.  So I had the actual letters left.

What do you do with your left-over pieces?

These sat on my desk for a few days, and in the meantime I made a few more cards.  Well, late last night I picked up the letters and decided to make another card:


The letters had been cut using a strip of Artistry Blooms patterned paper, which had an ombre look (darker colors fading to lighter, and back to darker).  And I also happened to have an "orphaned" piece of Whisper White that had been embossed with the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder.  So I created a little magic and combined them.  


The letters were adhered to the card front, and then in another serendipity moment, I found another left-over--a piece of the Rainbow Glimmer paper that had been cut into a frame.  It was such a perfect wedding of unused pieces!


But I needed to add some kind of embellishment and nothing in my "stash" seemed to fit.  But wait!  I still had glimmer paper, so I punched some circles with two different sizes of circle punches - LOVE!  And you can glimpse the extra circles on the inside of my card.


Sometimes it's funny how things just come together!  


Product List 

No comments: