Saturday, September 12, 2020

Case-ing Ann

Ann Schach, a fellow Stampin' UP! demonstrator is an amazing artist.  I've never met her in person, but I stalk her blog regularly and drool over her creations.  Recently I saw this card, and knew I had to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) it. 

Here's my version:


Isn't that gorgeous?  And, uh, do you notice anything different?

Yeah, I don't have the set of leaves that Ann used.  I was initially really bummed that I couldn't copy her card exactly, but since I didn't want to just give up, I decided to be creative and come up with my own version.  I also didn't realize she had directions on how to make it, and I made a few errors changes.

Ann used the Brushed Metallic cardstock.  This incredible paper comes in 3 colors, 12" x 12" sheets, and you get 2 of each color.  I used them all on my card.  But she actually used them under her patterned papers, and she used Smoky Slate for a card base.  I used Soft Suede, and then used the Metallic cardstock for the leaves and under the greeting.

Do you know you can heat emboss on the Brushed Metallic cardstock?


As noted, I don't have the leaf set Ann used, but I DO have Forever Fern.  And so I inked up three of the leaves in Soft Suede, stamped them on the Brushed Metallic cardstock and heat embossed them with Clear embossing powder.  They came out great!  And still shiny!


And note that background paper - it's from the In Good Taste pack of patterned paper, and I embossed it with the Wood Planks embossing folder.  So cool!


A shout-out to Ann and her beautiful creations!  I love how this card turned out, and I thank Ann for the inspiration!

Have you CASEd a card?  Give it a try - use some or all of the design, and change it to make it your own.  You'll love the results!


Product List

No comments: