Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Split Card Stamping

I drank the KoolAid.  I jumped on the bandwagon.  I got sucked in.

To what, you ask?  The "Split Card" Stamping Technique.  This is what I made:


This is a fun technique that helps you create 2 cards quickly.

Start with a piece of cardstock that is 5-1/4" x 8".
Stamp your images in the center of the cardstock so that they straddle the 4" mark.
Cut your cardstock in half, so you have two pieces measuring 4" x 5-1/4".
Create two cards!


I chose the Celebrate Sunflowers stamps.  Using the large sunflower, I stamped it twice in the center of my cardstock.  Can you see the two half-sunflowers on the left side of the card?  Once I colored them, I cut the cardstock in half.


For this card, I embossed the panel with the Subtle embossing folder.

For my second card, I flipped the image over (so that it was also on the left side of the paper) but did not emboss it.


The greeting was stamped on Whisper White, and layered on some Layering Ovals of Bumblebee and Early Espresso, and the small sunflower was cut with the coordinating Sunflower dies and popped up on a Dimensional.


I love cutting my card-making time in half!


Look what's available now:



What makes this machine so special?

  • Durable machine with high-quality results. The solid steel construction frame and rubber feet that securely grip the work surface produce crisp, clean, precise cutting and beautifully detailed embossing. 
  • Easy to use. The machine and tools are designed for an intuitive die-cutting and embossing experience. For example, all plates are labeled with a number and are color coded for easy reference and use when building your sandwich. And just like the name suggests, our Magnetic Cutting Plates have fully-magnetic surfaces to make it easy to securely position your dies and keep them in place. 
  • Simple to store.  The platforms on the machine fold for space-saving storage and it looks pretty too–the sleek, clean design suits any crafting space. 
  • Portable. You can use the machine at home or on the go with the folding platforms and ergonomic carrying handle. This makes it easy to attend crops or other crafting get togethers.

Stampin' Cut & Emboss is available now.  Be sure to add on the optional Magnetic Cutting Plate - a thin, fully magnetic sheet with a self-healing cutting surface.


Product List

No comments: