Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Amazing Cards with DSP

If you're like me you have lots of Designer Series Paper that you feel guilty using, because you like both sides of the papers and can only use one on your card.

Well, feel guilty no more!  I have a great card for you that is easy to make, is a "WOW" card, and uses BOTH sides of the paper.  Take a look:


One of my very favorite new Designer Series Papers, See a Silhouette, and I get to use both sides!  LOVE!

I started with a piece of DSP that is 5-1/2" x 11-1/2".   It is scored at 4" 6-3/4" and 9-1/2", and then you have to decide which side of the paper will be the showcase on the inside of the card.  I decided to have the leaf design on the small flap on front and the beautiful "night sky" on the inside.

All you need for the card base is a piece of cardstock cut to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"; here I used Pretty Peacock.


See that glossy stamping?  So easy to do with the Stamparatus!  Stamp once in your ink color of choice (I used Pretty Peacock).  Then clean the stamp and re-stamp it with Versamark ink.  Add Clear Embossing Powder and heat set--you can emboss in any of our ink colors!  Another LOVE!


When opened, the card is looonng....but this is when you can get the full effect of the DSP.  And you have several options for decorating.  I chose to use two panels.  The first is 1-1/2" x 5"; the other is 2-1/2" x 5".  You just want to be sure to adhere them all the way to the score line on the left, so the panel doesn't show when the card is closed.

Here's the back:


What a great way to showcase your DSP!

Want another sample?  I made this one using the same directions:


Same DSP, with a Silver Foil card base.

And again, using the Versamark over ink technique, I was able to get Night of Navy embossing:


and I embossed the rest with Silver embossing powder.


I also chose to add more panels to this inside; there are two of the smaller ones, and two of the larger. It covers up more of the DSP, but allows you to add many more stamps.


Pull out some of your DSP and try this...I know you'll love getting to see both sides of your pretty paper!


Product List







1 comment:

Marianne B in AZ said...

I love these cards for using DSP! You picked some beautiful paper to use! I have been able to emboss with SU Classic ink pads alone, if my pad is juicy and I am quick =) I think using the Stamparatus and VersaMark might be easier!