Monday, August 5, 2019

Inspiring Iris

I love iris flowers.  I had a bunch of them in the garden of my old home.  Now that I'm in Oregon, I have to see if they grow here.  And if they do, I'll have to plant some.

So when I saw the stamp set Inspiring Iris, I knew it would have a place in my home.


This is a "two-step" Stampin' card.  I stamped the iris leaves and flowers in Tuxedo Black ink, and then stamped over the leaves with Mossy Meadow and the iris flowers with Gorgeous Grape.  But what I really love about these stamps is the texture you get when you use them - when stamped, the image looks like it's two-toned.  So pretty.


See what I mean?  The shaded areas are part of the stamp.


The card base is Gorgeous Grape.  I cut a piece of Perennial Essence DSP with the Stitched Rectangle dies and mounted it onto Whisper White.   The focal image was stamped on Whisper White, also cut with a smaller Rectangle, and then I ran it through my die-cutting machine with the Subtle embossing folder.  This was adhered to a Gorgeous Grape layer and popped up with Dimensionals after adding a snipped of Flax Ribbon.


The card was finished off with s few Noble Peacock Rhinestones in grape.


Shades of summer with beautiful iris blooms.  Simply lovely!


Product List






No comments: