Saturday, August 3, 2019

Wowsers! Friendly Silhouettes Meets Waterfront

When I cut up a piece of Watercolor Paper that I had used Pigment Sprinkles on, I thought I had ruined it.  See this card.

The I decided to try to make lemonade out of my lemons...take a look:


I had the pink cattails that I had cut with the Friendly Silhouettes dies and just didn't know what to do with them.  I kept thinking that they would look good as a border, overlooking a water scene.

Ah, of course!  Waterfront!  Now I just had to create a "scene"...

I started with a piece of Watercolor Paper.   I stamped the mountains using Highland Heather and I used the "rock and roll" technique with Gorgeous Grape and a touch of Night of Navy.  These were stamped twice.


Then I inked u the trees with Shaded Spruce and stamped several times.

The evening sky was done with Aquapainters and diluted ink refills, as was the lake and forest.  I just painted away until I was happy with the outcome.


I created a frame of Basic Black using the Stitched Rectangle dies and attached my cattails to the inside.  But it needed another row, so I cut some more cattails with black and added them behind.  The frame was then adhered to my "painting" with Adhesive Strips, and then glued to a Basic Black card base.


I just love the brilliant colors...don't you?  And I was thrilled with the outcome - sometimes making a mistake can result in something beautiful!


Product List






No comments: