Friday, August 30, 2019

A CASE for Baby

Our new next door neighbors have a new granddaughter.  Fun fact:  On Easter Sunday, my husband and I left our old home in CA to move to our new one in OR.  We had not yet seen the new house we were building, so as soon as we arrived in our new city we went directly to our new homesite.  As none of the other houses were yet completed, there was no one else around at 4:30 Easter afternoon.  But as we stood admiring our new home (from the outside) a car drove by and stopped.  It just happened to be the daughter and son-in-law of our future next door neighbors.  So Diana was the first person we met in our new town.  And now she is a new mom.  I felt I needed to make her a card:


And having seen a similar card in the Annual Catalog, I wanted to recreate it.  I love the Highland Heather gingham pattern and the Lined Alphabet letters.  Pairing it with phrases from Well Said and Well Written completed the card.


The Balloon Bouquet punch gave me the perfect embellishment; I added some Whisper White bakers twine and a cute bow stamped with an image from Beautiful Bouquet and cut with the coordinating dies.




I find that first stamping the letters from Lined Alphabet makes it easy to line up the Layering Alphabet dies.  I love the way they make chevrons with the letters.


Isn't this the sweetest card?  Check out Lined Alphabet and the Layering Alphabet dies.  Good for any occasion; so sweet for a new baby!


Product List



No comments: