Saturday, August 24, 2019

A Unicorn for Charlotte

It's my granddaughter's birthday!  Charlotte is turning 3 and here's her card:


What's better than a unicorn card for a 3-year old girlie girl?

I researched unicorn cards on Pinterest and then developed this one on my own.  I started with the unicorn "horn", which I hand cut from a piece of Gold Glimmer paper.  Then, using a an old mini star punch I "notched" it along each side so I could wind Silver Bakers Twine around it.  Once done, I had to figure out the rest of my unicorn's head.


I cut ears using the Nature's Roots dies, sponging Blushing Bride ink around the edges.  The flowers are from Beautiful Bouquet, stamped in Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody and Highland Heather.

Then those eyes...I felt like a genius when I chose the "scales" from the Dino dies!


Just needed to sponge a little blush on the cheeks, and I was done.  Oh wait, here's the inside:


Another retired item, my sentiment is from Magical Day.  I used Stampin' Write markers in the colors of the flowers on the front of the card to ink up the "Magical".


Happy Birthday, darling Charlotte!  I hope it's simply magical!


Product List







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable! Happy Birthday to Charlotte.