Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Praiseworthy Prose

I think I have new favorite from the Annual Catalog!  Yeah, I love the cows (see them here) and I love the birds (see them here), and I really love the boats (see them here and here), but now something else has caught my fancy.  What do you think:


Seriously - L.O.V.E.

Ok, let's take a look at why I love this so much.

1.  The colors
     - These brilliant colors are achieved with the new Pigment Sprinkles Watercolor Crystals.  If you were familiar with our old Brusho, you have a bit of an idea of what these are.  Brusho on steroids!  And in Stampin' UP! colors!  Wowsers!  Add some water to Watercolor Paper and sprinkle on the color and watch the explosion.

I used the Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody sprinkles to make the card on the right.  Blended the colors lightly with an Aqua Painter, and then let it dry; I had to be patient.  (Oh, heck, I wasn't patient, I used my heat tool to dry off the paper).

2.  The stamps
     - Praiseworthy Prose has "definition stamps".  There is a word or phrase, and then the definition.


3.  The dies
     - OK, the Hand-lettered Prose dies are an awesome deal!  Just $38 for a ton of fabulous letters in a great font.  You can make ANY word!  And if you purchase the stamps and dies together, you get 10% off the price of the bundle!

So let's take a closer look at these cards, shall we?

I started with this one:


After creating my background paper with the crystals, I stamped the definition along the bottom and added some celebration squiggles in matching ink colors.


Then, using the dies, I cut the word and exclamation point.  I had to be sure to save the center of the "a".

Next I mounted the colored paper with the cutouts to a piece of Basic Black - POP!  Those colors and letters just jumped out!


And in keeping with the bright colors, I mounted the whole thing to a Mango Melody card base.  It's such a beautiful card!

But wait...there's more...

Now I had the letters and exclamation point.  What to do?

Make another card:


I took three strips of coordinating card stock (Melon Mambo, Mango Melody and Bermuda Bay) and ran them through my die-cutting machine with embossing folders - Basket Weave, Tufted, and the new Brick & Mortar.  


I stamped another definition and finished the card.  



Just think - two cards with one effort!  Create a background, cut the letters, and you're nearly done!  


Some great new products for you to look at:  Pigment Sprinkles Watercolor Crystals, Praiseworthy Prose and Hand-Lettered Prose dies.  Your creative options just multiplied!  

Product List






No comments: