Monday, July 15, 2019

Leftover Letters?

So what do you do with the leftover letters you cut out?  I made this anniversary card for my sister,


and since I used the negative space (after cutting out the letters) I had leftovers.  So what did I do?
I made another card:


This is for my granddaughter's birthday.  She's turning 17, so I thought a little tropical card would be lovely.

The card base is Basic Black.  I took a piece of Pool Party cardstock and cut out the silhouette of the palm trees using the new Friendly Silhouettes dies.  LOVE!


Next I swiped my Whisper White craft ink pad across the Pool Party (can you see the faint lines?) to make it look like a tropical sky.  Then I adhered the Pool Party piece to my Basic Black, creating the silhouetted palm trees.  

The letters were added with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, and I cut a few clouds  with retired Umbrella Weather dies.

Finally I heat embossed "birthday" (from Beautiful You) with some old Pool Party Embossing Powder.  

I think Izzie is going to love this card!  Don't you?



Product List






















No comments: