Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Ya Gotta Love the Cows!

Do you like cows?  I, myself, am more of a pig fan, especially flying pigs.  But my sister is a huge fan of cows.  So...


Just had to make her a card!

This is one of the new stamp sets, Over the Moon, arriving in June in the new Annual Catalog.  And I'm in love (even though This Little Piggy is more my style).

I also tried some techniques, one of them new to me.  See that cow on the left?  That is NOT how the stamp comes.  It's actually facing left, like the cow on the right.  So how did I do it?


With my Stamparatus!

I started by positioning a Silicone Craft Sheet in a corner of my Stamparatus.  Then I stamped my cow three times, using Tuxedo Black ink, directly onto the Craft Sheet.  The ink won't dry, giving me time to place my Whisper White cardstock on top of the Craft Sheet and stamp my cow one more time (on the "back" of the white cardstock).  This transfers the image to the cardstock, but in reverse, so my cow faces the other direction.  Brilliant, huh?  You can do this with any stamp.   


My next technique was masking.   I stamped my cow on a sticky note and carefully snipped out the image with my Paper Snips.  I cut directly on the stamped line, with no border.  Then I placed my mask over my cow so I was able to sponge the sky and the grass.

And how did I make the clouds?  I used a retired scallop circle punch (but the Pretty label punch would work just as well) to create a template, then sponged around the edge with Balmy Blue ink.  

Finally I cut some grass from the Lakeside dies, and also stamped a few blades with a stamp from High Tide.  

And I had to add something to the inside:


Hahaha!

I love Over the Moon...coming soon.

Need a new Annual Catalog?  Don't have a demonstrator?  Drop me an email and I'll let you know how to get one.  FREE!

Product List



2 comments:

StampinACE said...

Not a comment, a question. what is this silicone mat you mention? where do I get it?

StampinACE said...

disregard previous question. I just noticed the siicone sheet is on your product list and SU carries it. I had never heard of it so I had no idea what it was. Sorry.