Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Friend Like You

Sometimes a stamp set in a new catalog remains completely hidden to me.  I peruse the catalog and somehow miss it altogether.  Such was the case with Friend Like You (page 124 of the Annual Catalog).  Yep, just passed right over it.

And then I saw a sample on Pinterest and I had to go to the blog and find out what set that was.  I believe it was a card by Rachel Tessman;  I had to order the bundle.

And when I was experimenting with the dies I first played with the palm trees (remember this card?).  When cutting the palm trees, you cut it from the top piece of cardstock and layer over another piece (in this case I cut out of Pool Party and layered over Basic Black).


So when I started to play with the cattail die I did the same thing...but total FAIL!  And since I was using a beautiful piece of Pigment Sprinkled paper, I thought I ruined it.


But then I decided to try layering it on black again, and voila!  A gorgeous summer sunset emerged!  Color me happy!

This started as a piece of Watercolor Paper which I sprayed with water; then I sprinkled the Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Gorgeous Grape Pigment Sprinkles on it and watched the explosion of colors blend together.

Once dry, I cut the cattails, then layered it all on Basic Black and Melon Mambo cardstock.  All it needed was some little dragonflies (from the same dies) and the sentiment, stamped in Tuxedo Black.


Other than the slight messiness of the Pigment Sprinkles, this was a very simple card.  But absolutely gorgeous!  AND I have the cattails that I cut--gorgeous in hot pinks, oranges and yellows.  I'll have another card for you later this week to show you what I did with them.

Check out Friend Like You and the fabulous Friendly Silhouettes dies.  You'll be glad you did!

Product List



1 comment:

Helen said...

You have created a beautiful background Priscilla! It's just perfect for a sunset sky behind the black silhouettes! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!