Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Sailing Away

 Sailing Home is an upcoming stamp set that is part of the Come Sail Away Suite in the upcoming Annual Catalog.  If you struggle to make masculine cards, this suite is for you!


The suite includes the stamp set, designer series paper, coordinating dies, an embossing folder, Bakers Twine and trinkets.  There is also a coordinating Memories & More Card Pack, which can make creating cards really simple.

For my first card using these products, I chose to keep it simple.  Because of the nautical theme, I chose the Happiness Blooms Memories & More Cards & Envelopes for a card base.  These crisp navy and white cards come in two sizes; I picked the larger card.

Then using the Come Sail Away DSP, I cut a frame to fit the card front, with a rectangle in the middle (using the Rectangle Stitched dies).  This was adhered to a slightly smaller piece of cardstock, cut with the same die, to give it a little extra heft, as the frame was popped up on Dimensionals.


Then for the image panel, I stamped the sailboats with Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White cardstock.  Can you see the "reflection"?  Cool, huh?

I used my Stamparatus and a piece of Window sheet, stamping the boats multiple times with Smoky Slate ink.  Once I had a clear image I laid the acrylic sheet directly on my main panel (upside down), lining up the bottom of the boats, and pressed the sheets together to transfer the image.  This gave me a light, slightly muddled image that looks like a reflection in the water.  

Once my boats were done, I carefully sponged Balmy Blue ink for both sky and water, then used the "water" stamp from High Tide to add the waves and added some So Saffron for a little sunlight.  


The panel was cut with the Rectangle Stitched dies and I wrapped some of the Baker's Twine around it, adding a cut little anchor charm.


Then the whole panel was adhered with Dimensionals, and my card was done.

The Come Sail Away Suite will be released on June 4th.  You won't want to miss this beautiful and very versatile suite of products!  I know it will be a favorite of mine, so watch for more samples...coming soon.

Product List




No comments: