Saturday, June 1, 2019

Artfully Aware

Introducing a new stamp set, available with the launch of the new Annual Catalog on June 4th:  Artfully Aware.

This is a beautiful set of stamps that express support for those who struggle, while celebrating teamwork.  I know you'll love this set as much as I do.

Unfortunately I've just been made aware of a need for this card.


Various cancer diagnoses are represented with ribbons of different colors.  We are all familiar with the pink ribbon for breast cancer.  But there are a few very unusual cancers for which no color is designated--I found that lavender is the color for "all" cancer.  Hence my lavender card.


Purple Posy is a new In Color, making its appearance in the new catalog.  It's a perfect addition to our current purple line, including Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape, as it is a lighter, softer purple.  

My card base is Purple Posy, and the top is a gingham sheet from the new In Color DSP collection.  


Sandwiched between these two layers is a layer of Highland Heather.  

I adhered my DSP to a piece of Whisper White, and cut the ribbon using the Support Ribbon dies (carrying over from our current offerings).  Then, using the Stamparatus, I stamped the ribbon on the Highland Heather, using Gorgeous Grape ink.

But look at this:


I stamped one of the images from Artfully Aware on Vellum with Tuxedo Black ink, and quickly sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over it, heat embossing it.  Then I colored the back side using Stampin' Blends in very light colors:  Light Soft Suede, Light Highland Heather, Light Daffodil Delight, Light Mint Macaron, and Light Petal Pink.  Isn't this just beautiful?


The gingham layer is raised on Dimensionals so that the vellum circle could float above the ribbon.

The sentiment is from Ribbon of Courage, retiring with the current catalog, but just a perfect saying for my card.


My best wishes to a very special friend.

Artfully Aware, coming June 4th.  Be sure to grab one for your collection.


Product List

No comments: