Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

After a week of card clubs, I had little left on my desk today.  This was it:


Yup, that was it.  I had been playing with the Tropical Chic bundle to bring to a team meeting, but things didn't work out, and these were the two pieces the had not been trashed.  😐.   So I decided to try to turn them into a card...wait...what?

Hmmm...colors:


These look pretty - Shaded Spruce, Call Me Clover and Mint Macaron.


And this die is part of the suite - let's see what I can do with that.

Pretty.


So let's start with a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock and stamp the edge print using the "hinge" technique and the Stamparatus.  I start with my cardstock in the corner and stamp all the way at the top.


Then I move the plate down two hinges (the stamp is nearly 2" tall, so this would be the next position) and stamp again.  I continue down the side of the card.


And add my window (I've cut a Layering Square in the card front; I'll be putting the die-cut leaves on the inside of my card).


How about a frame?  Using two of the Layering Squares Framelits, I cut one from Call Me Clover.


Let's see what this looks like:


OK, coming along; what's next?


Stamped leaves --the large one using Shaded Spruce is then cut with the Big Shot and the Tropical Thinlits dies.  I also cut two Vellum leaves.


And the palm leaf.


I've stamped two of the flowers using my new favorite color combo - Poppy Parade and Mango Melody.  Playing with placement after I stamped the sentiment from Another Wonderful Year.


Almost there...still needs a little something...


Done!  Stitched lines below the sentiment (using the Stitched Labels Framelits) and a piece of Mint Macaron Bakers Twine (from the Nature's Twine collection) finish this off.


I forgot to mention that I ran the card base through the Big Shot with the Subtle embossing folder--can you see the texture of the front of the card?  Almost like a linen fabric.


And that's what was on my desk this week.

Thanks for joining me and following my creative process.  Questions?  I'm just an email away.  

All products used are listed here; click on a photo to go directly to my online store.



Product List














2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow this is totally an amazing card Priscilla. I wasn't too sold on that set because I hung on to my Botanicals, but you kind of sold me on that square die with the leaves. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm another shopping trip. Thanks for sharing.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh Penny, I'm sorry to be an enabler! :) But I do think you'll love this set - there are SO many dies and ways to use them. Thanks for visiting, and let me know what you do with this bundle!