Friday, June 22, 2018

Delightfully Detailed

I'm in love with the new Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Paper.  This is the perfect product for cards, whether you are new to paper crafting or an "old salt".  With two distinct designs the possibilities are nearly endless.  And you get 4 sheets of each.  AND one side is Whisper White, while the reverse side is Very Vanilla.  How wonderful does it get?

Let's take a look at some easy cards:


My first sample is about as easy as it gets.  One of the pieces of Laser Cut paper has 6 "frames" and a number of "borders".  Start by cutting off the border pieces, and then cut each of the frame pieces with 3 easy cuts.  You are left with 6 individual pieces, approximately 3-3/4" x 5", just right for a card layer.


This panel of vines "made" the card.  All I had to do was choose a color for the card base and my card was essentially done.

I took a piece of Mossy Meadow (SO happy to have this color back!), cut it to 4-1/4" x 11", and folded it in half.  I also scored it, using my Simply Scored Scoring Tool, at 1/8" on all four sides.

Then I placed the leafy DSP on a Silicone Mat and, using a Stampin' Sponge, lightly dabbed Multipurpose Glue over the back side.  Then I set it in place on my card.


The sentiment, from Rooted in Nature, was stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on a strip of Whisper White cardstock and adhered with Dimensionals.  

Then, because I had 5 more frames sitting on my desk, I made this:


Again, very easy.  This card was done in Berry Burst.  I cut a piece of cardstock the same size as my frame and ran it through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  Then, using the Silicone Mat as above, I added the frame, using the Very Vanilla side.  This piece was layered on a piece of Merry Merlot, and then to the Berry Burst base.


"Enjoy today", from Eastern Beauty, was stamped in Berry Burst ink on Very Vanilla paper and punched with a circle punch.  Popping it up with Dimensionals completed my card.



Simple!

Now for those of you who want to step it up a bit, take a look at two cards I posted previously, both using this same Delightfully Detailed DSP:


One more of the "frames"; it highlights the cute vases from Varied Vases.  You can revisit this card here.

And then I used one of the other pieces of DSP - the lace panel:


Such a pretty way to send your best wishes!  More details here.

Give Delightfully Detailed a try; I suspect this paper is flying off the Stampin' UP! shelves, and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!


Product List





No comments: