Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Late to the Party!

I hate being late to the party, but this is one that's been going on for a little while, and I'm just now getting around to joining.

What am I talking about?

This card:


I had seen this on Pinterest (it's not watermarked, and I have no idea who the original creator was) but I decided THIS is the time for me to make one.

My dad turns 91 years young today!

And he has quite a sense of humor, so I KNOW, without a doubt, that he will love this card.

Let's take a closer look:


It's actually fairly simple, but I did have to play with the size of the card somewhat.  I started by cutting all the letters (using the retired Little Letters framelits - which I'll keep forever!).  This dictated the basic size I needed which ended up being about 6" in length.

Then I cut the numbers (more retired stuff that I will never get rid of--Large Numbers Framelits), the squares (Whisper White, and Basic Black--the black frames are cut using two nesting framelits--Layering Squares--so they could be layered over the white square with the numbers).


My card base is Thick Whisper White.  There is a layer of Basic Black and Silver Foil, and then the number squares.  The hardest part (other than calculating the size of the card) was ensuring everything was straight.  Thank goodness for Grid Paper!

And my inside (NO stamps were harmed in the making of this card! 😂)

No comments: