Friday, June 8, 2018

One Card, Five Ways

I wanted to showcase the new 2018-2020 In Colors at my Open House, and had seen a number of demonstrators stamping simple cards with a new stamp set, Love What You Do.  I decided to jump on the bandwagon, and here are the cards I created:


Each card has a base of one of the new In Colors, a skinny layer of Basic Black, and then a panel of Whisper White.  All sentiments are stamped in Tuxedo Black.  Shall we take a peek at them, one at a time?

Here is Blueberry Bushel:


The flowers were stamped with Tuxedo Black, and then I used the large "filler" stamp in Blueberry Bushel - stamped off once - and then followed it with a full-strength stamp using the small "filler".  Take a look at that ribbon - I died the new Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon using a Spritzer filled with Blueberry Bushel reinker and some rubbing alcohol.  It dried quickly and makes a sweet accent.

Pineapple Punch:


Wowsers!  This is bright and cheery!  I just colored the little flowers with the Pineapple Punch marker, and it was done.

Lovely Lipstick:


I luckily scored a new Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blends alcohol marker when I attend the On Stage event in Las Vegas.  This is one of the colors soon to be released.  There are 22 (twenty two!) new colors of Blends coming in mid-June; that's 11 combos of colors, and I can't wait!

But I digress...this card was colored with Lovely Lipstick, and all it needed was a few of the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.  Beautiful!

Call Me Clover:


I think this is one of my favorites, because of all the sparkly rhinestones on the stamped image.  I colored them with a bright green Sharpie marker (that works well until the new Blends come out--there is a combo pack of Call Me Clover - YEA!  Did you know the Blends can color pearls and rhinestones?  Double YEA!)

Grapefruit Grove:


One more beautiful card; I stamped the background using Grapefruit Grove ink, then stamped the image in Tuxedo Black.  A few Artisan Pearls in a matching color, and BAM - done!

Thee cards would make a lovely gift in one of the Acetate Card Boxes.  Packaged up with envelopes and a pretty ribbon around the box, and you have an Art-from-the-Heart gift.

Want to stamp some of these cards?  I've included a list of all items used, plus a link to my online store.


Product List
















































































































































































































































No comments: