Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Throw-back With a Twist

Yesterday I shared this card with you - one I made for my father's 91st birthday.  And today I'll show you the one I made for my grandson, who turned two on Monday.  As my dad says, "I'm only 89 years older than Declan.  I'm sure we'd be best friends if we lived closer".  And I bet he's right!

So let's take a look at a 2-year old's card:


One of my all-time favorite sets - I Dig You.  And just perfect for a little boy who can't get enough of trucks!  But even though I used a retired stamp set, I used all new colors - the 2018-20 In Colors.

I stamped and fussy-cut each truck.  They were all colored with In Color Stampin' Write Markers - Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel and Grapefruit Grove.  The card base is Blueberry Bushel, and I used the other four colors for the panels.  Then I topped each with a piece of Whisper White, to make the trucks pop.  And POP they did--they are all "popped" up with Dimensionals.

Looking at each section: 



A Lovely Lipstick truck bringing the #2 to the party (number was cut using retired Little Numbers dies).


Grapefruit Grove and Blueberry Bushel helps this "digger" get ready to pull that present out of the ground.


A Call Me Clover and Pineapple punch dumptruck is bringing friends to party.


A cute sentiment and piles of dirt for Declan.

And inside:


Something new:  I combined Blow Out the Candles (balloons) with Broadway Birthday for a bright, cheery greeting.

Look at this great effect:


See the little dots inside the Hooray?  Easy to line up with the Stamparatus.

This card was oversized, so I needed to make an envelope.  So happy I have my Envelope Punch Board:



Happy Birthday, little man!



Product List

No comments: