Sunday, June 17, 2018

Inspiration Sunday

Where do you find inspiration?  Sometimes I find it in surprising places.  Last week my husband and I went out for breakfast.  We hadn't visited this cafe before, and we were very pleasantly surprised at how delicious our omelettes were, as well as the price.  And something else that I noticed - a tee shirt.

This is Javier.  He was clearing tables, and as he walked by, his tee shirt caught my eye:


Something about it was familiar:


Oh yes...the colors!  And the egret!

So I asked him if I could take a picture of his shirt (the wait staff tried to sell me one 😁) and I came home to create this:

What do you think?

Lilypad Lake is a new Stampin' UP! set that includes the egret and has wonderful coordinating dies.  So I got busy...


I knew I wanted a black background to set off the fabulous colors in the main panel.  So I started by sponging, on Whisper White, using Pineapple Punch, Poppy Parade and Call Me Clover inks.

Next I stamped the egret from Lilypad Lake.  Now this stamp is not a solid stamp, so after stamping it using Tuxedo Black, I colored in the bird with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.  Finally, using a mask of the bird, I stamped the tree from Sheltering Tree, using Soft Suede ink.


Once done, I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock, 4" x 5-1/4", and ran it through my Big Shot three times.

The first time through was with the new Subtle embossing folder.  This gives a nice linen look.  Then I repeated the trip through the Big Shot with the new Tufted embossing folder.  Sigh...LOVE!  Can you see the gorgeous texture?


For the final Big Shot work, I cut the oval with the Layering Ovals Framelits.  Then I placed a lot of Dimensionals on the back and centered it over my stamped panel.  The grass was cut with the Lakeside Framelits.  

This was then adhered to my card base, of Basic Black, using more Dimensionals.


A few Rhinestone Basic Jewels were placed on the corners of the Tufted "pillows" to give the card a little sparkle.


And I finished it off with a sentiment from Painted Glass, stamped in Versamark ink on Poppy Parade cardstock, and heat embossed with Black embossing powder.  

I wonder if I need to send this to the cafe?

And there's your inspiration for this Sunday; what will you create?

All products used are listed below; click on a photo and you'll go directly to my on-line store.


Product List







4 comments:

kilroy said...

I think you should try to sell them to the café to use in their business. Very nice.

Rob I said...

Beautiful card, love that set. yes I would send a card to the cafe.

Stampin' Amigos said...

LOL, always looking for an upsell - maybe I'll see if they want some. Thanks for checking out my card!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks for looking at my blog and for the kind comment. I'm going to have to go back to Putah Creek Cafe and let them know their logo is a hit in the Stampin' world!