Friday, June 15, 2018

Go Girl!

My daughter recently interviewed for a promotional opportunity at her company, and I sent her this card:


This was my test drive of the new Lined Alphabet stamp set and the coordinating Layering Alphabet Edgelits dies.  What do you think?


This is such a cool concept - each letter is cut with a chevron-shaped piece of cardstock so you can layer the letters and make awesome color combinations.

I chose blues:  Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel, Lemon Lime Twist and ending with Daffodil Delight.  

Hint:  I found that stamping the letters first, then cutting was easier than cutting them out first.  Even though the stamps are photopolymer, I had a little trouble getting them lined up just right.  But once I flipped the order, it was a breeze.  And I was able to make a motivational card for my daughter.


I completed the words with the triumphant girl from Enjoy Life.  She's stamped in Night of Navy ink and fussy-cut with my Paper Snips.

And I needed something on the other end for balance:


I thought the sentiment and leaves from Rooted in Nature was the perfect addition - simple in Night of Navy ink, with a great message.

I sent this off and it arrived the day before her interview.  She face-timed me, holding her card, and holding back tears.  I think the card was a hit!  (And so was her interview!)



Here's a video from Stampin' UP! with details/suggestions on using these brand new framelits:





Check out these letters; yes, it's a very pricey set, but the possibilities for use and making an everlasting impression are endless!


Product List







No comments: