Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

How does Wednesday get here so fast?  It seems like only yesterday I was figuring out what to do with all my scraps and tidbits, and here we are again.

So this week I had a lot of scraps from a card I was developing for my Card Club.  It was NOT going well πŸ˜’

And this is what I had to work with:


I created a card using Healing Hugs, a beautiful DistINKtive stamp that layers colors to create dimension even though you are only stamping one time.  But I was having a lot of problems getting the roses where I wanted them.  So I had lots of leftover, incomplete, card fronts and a number of cut out roses.  Where to begin:


Playing with a layout.  I LOVE that Mini Striped Ribbon in Gorgeous Grape!  And the Stitched Labels Framelits looked like a good base.

But the plain white background is lacking...


Better...but still needing something...


Ah yes - the leaves.  OK, starting to come together.  Can you see it?


Background color?  Gorgeous Grape makes it pop, but...


not so much on a Highland Heather base.


There we go...some Granny Apple Green does the trick.


Now with the ribbon; I just need to build my elements.


Getting there...


A simple sentiment, from Varied Vases, and cut with the Stitched Labels Framelits.  (Yes, Nancy, I'm thinking of you because I know this is your FAVORITE sentiment for cards - NOT!). πŸ˜‚


OK, let's call it a day.  


Glamour close up - can you see the Wink of Stella on the flowers?




And that does it for another "What's On the Desk?" Wednesday.  I hope you like seeing my creative thought process and my finished product.  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?  

Products can be purchased in my online store.


Product List












No comments: