Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Abstract Impressions

On of my favorite new stamp sets is Abstract Impressions.  Since this is Stampin' UP!'s 30th Anniversary, there seems to be a "reflection" on previously released (and I mean PREVIOUSLY - like 15-20 years ago) stamps.  And this is one of them.

A Rose in Winter was one of the first stamp sets I purchased, way back about 14 years ago.  It was really pretty.  And there was another one, the name escapes me, but I loved the little abstract flowers I could create.  So imagine my delight to have some of these stamps make a comeback.  Take a look:


Isn't that wonderful?

Now "way back then" we did NOT have the fabulous colors we have today.  And I am finding that Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green are fast becoming favorites.  Add a little Coastal Cabana (my old love affair) and I'm in heaven!


This is truly a simple card.  The stems (two different stamps) were stamped with Granny Apple Green--the lighter colors are stamped off once.  The flowers were stamped a few times, once in Coastal Cabana and Gorgeous Grape, and again after I stamped the original image.  Then there are little "accents" that I stamped using Bermuda Bay and Blackberry Bliss to give the flowers some dimension.


See that ribbon?  That's my favorite new Polka Dot Tulle ribbon, and it comes in Whisper White and Very Vanilla.  What?  This one is blue?  Yup!  I spritzed it with my Spritzer and Coastal Cabana ink refill mixed with some rubbing alcohol.  It dried in minutes and was ready to add to my project.


My card base is Gorgeous Grape.  The Whisper White layer went through the Big Shot with the Simple Stripes embossing folder.  All I added was two pieces of cardstock- Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green, and I mounted my stamped panel to more Gorgeous Grape.  Simple.

If you'd like to celebrate 30 years of Stampin' UP! click on the pics below to go straight to my online store, and pick up some of your own "new vintage" stamps.

Product List








No comments: