Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

I'm finally getting back to my What's On the Desk Wednesday after weeks of prepping for my Open House.  And today I have some interesting things on my desk:


I was making a birthday card for my father (come back next week to see that), and had these pieces left over.

See that little speck in the middle?


It's a teeny goldfish.

So it looks like my card has to be a sea-inspired creation..

I started looking at what I had:


I thought that I would use Sea of Textures, so I started by embossing the two Soft Sea Foam circles; the one on the left uses the Ruffled embossing folder, and the smaller circle was embossed with Seaside.  


Then I started thinking about a layout.


This circle needed to be stamped - Sea of Textures was perfect.  The "grass" was stamped in Tranquil Tide (stamping off for the ones on the side) and the coral was stamped with Blushing Bride ink.


I also stamped and cut out this coral, using Tranquil Tide ink on Vellum cardstock.

Now let's start putting it all together:


Don't forget the goldfish and the sea grass that I had on my desk...


It needs a sentiment.  I like the one from Lilypad Lake, but only want the "Thinking of You" part of the sentiment.  Using the Stamparatus, I first stamped the image on an acrylic sheet, with my card front underneath for placement.  I adjust the card and prepare the stamp:


Since I only want part of it I mask off the words I don't want with Washi Tape.

I ink up my stamp...


Don't forget to remove the Washing Tape before stamping!


Perfect!  Gotta love that Stamparatus!

Now let's put it all together:


It just needed a few more goldfish and some retired Glitter and Clear Epoxy dots (to look like bubbles coming off the words).  There's a layer of Soft Sea Foam, and the card base is Tranquil Tide.


So what do you think?  Did I inspire you to try using scraps on your desk?



Product List










6 comments:

Ceresa said...

PERFECT! I love that gave photos of the steps as this came together. I have a LOT of stuff on my desk....I need to use the stuff or throw it away. I hate throwing pieces away.
You are the BEST!!!

bonniemon said...

It is beautiful!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Ceresa! I hate throwing pieces away too, and that's what made me start trying to come up with ways to use them. Glad I can inspire you! Give it a try.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh, thank you, Bonnie. I was making a card for my dad, and THIS happened. Now I'm debating which card I like better, and which to send him! :)

Donna said...

Yes, you definitely are inspiring; thank you for sharing your process. xo

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks for visiting, Donna! Happy to let everyone see what I go through as I create.