Sunday, January 23, 2022

Amazing Eclipse

 Show of hands - Who remembers the "eclipse" technique?

I thought about it when playing with some of my new patterned papers, and decided it was time to give it a go.

For those who have not heard of this, it's where you cut an image (in this case, a word) from the patterned paper, and then fit the image back into the space where it was cut from, but lifting it on Dimensionals.  Take a look:


Can you see the words?  "You are amazing"

I used the new Amazing Thanks dies along with the FREE Daffodil Afternoon paper, cutting the words from the paper (I used the "word bubbles" - the outlines of the actual words first) leaving the outline holes in the paper.


I then used the detailed word along with the pieces I had cut out, laying the detailed die on top of the cut piece (now with some Foam Adhesive Sheets on the back) and running it through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss a second time.  This gave me the detailed word on foam, and I was able to place the words back in the holes of the patterned piece of paper.


But wait!  There's more!  See those little daffodil centers?  I used the Daffodil dies to make the "cups" and popped them up over the printed image of the paper.  Cute little detail!


Now you can see the raised flowers and the words.


Such a fun and impressive card!  

Give the Eclipse Technique a try!


Product List

No comments: