Thursday, January 6, 2022

CASEing the Catalog

 CASE - Copy and Share Everything

That's what I am doing today.  I absolutely love the card in the January - June 2022 Mini Catalog on page 42.  No need to go pull out your catalog to look at it, because I've recreated it almost exactly and here it is:


Oh my...near perfection!  The concept artist who came up with the original is a genius in my book!

I love everything beachy.  I grew up on the south shore of Long Island, NY, only a stone's throw from the Great South Bay.  I loved walking the beach, nearly every day, in all kinds of weather.  So when I see a stamp set with a beachy feel, I just have to add it to my collection.

And Oceanfront is one of those sets.  But...I also needed the Horizon dies from the New Horizons suite.  Because that little fence reminds me of all the windbreak fences on Fire Island, where I spent many of my weekend days during my high school years.  


The "water" in this card was actually cut from a piece of the New Horizons patterned paper, using one of the Horizons dies.  And so is the grass in the front of the fence.  And look at those pebbles!  Squeal!  Those little enamel shapes are the perfect added touch!


I rarely copy directly from the catalogs, but this one made me do it!  And now I have more ideas on using the stamps and dies, so watch out!  Here I come!  



And don't forget - all $50 orders get you a product from the Sale-a-Bration brochure for FREE!  Who doesn't love FREE?  Get your order in and nab a FREE gift!



Product List

No comments: