Sunday, January 16, 2022

Auto-Birthday

 My first car was a VW Bug.  I was in college, and student teaching, so I needed a vehicle to get me to the school assignment each day.  I loved that little car, and drove it for 2 years before I had to sell it to move to California.  

I've since owned 5 VWs, although I "graduated" to a Passat (more comfortable than my bug).  But I'm a loyal fan, and I was thrilled to see Driving By in the Sale-a-Bration brochure (FREE with a $50 purchase).  Of course I had to have it! 😉

I have twin birthdays this week for my niece and nephew, and pulled out this cute stamp set.  Take a look at Ben's card:


Patty Bennett (another Stampin' UP! demonstrator) stamped and fussy-cut these images using some patterned paper, and I thought the vehicles would look great in Simply Marbelous paper (another FREE Sale-a-Bration offering).  Aren't they fun?  


I stamped the image directly on the paper, colored the tires with Stampin' Blends, and cut out the cars.  Of course I needed to fix the windows, as they were "marbled", so I stamped the cars on Basic White and just cut out the windows, adhering them on the patterned-paper cars.  So cute!

But I needed a road - Basic Black to the rescue, with Chalk Marker-hand drawn lines.  

What I really love is the background!  The sky was made with Blending Brushes and a stencil made with the Basic Borders dies.  And I cut the little trees from the Horizon dies, adding them right above the roadway.  

The Cloud Punch was perfect for my greeting!


I had such fun I made another card using this technique for Ben's twin...watch for that one later this week!  


Time is ticking away towards the end of Sale-a-Bration!  Only until the end of February can you get an added bonus - FREE products from the brochure with every $50 purchase.  So don't miss out!


Want an even better offer?  How about getting $125 in Stampin' UP! product plus TWO FREE stamp sets of your choice, plus FREE shipping...all just for $99!  Wow!  Join Stampin' UP! and this offer is yours!  You never have to do anything else; there is no obligation to sell anything or purchase another item (but why wouldn't you when you get a minimum of 20% discount on your purchases?).   Click here for more information and to sign up.  


Product List

No comments: