Saturday, January 8, 2022

What's on the Desk?

 It's been awhile since I've done a "what's on the desk" post, but I had some leftovers this week, and decided to use them.  I think you'll like the results.

First, here is what I worked with:


The Basic White Layering Circle was a left-over from a previous class.  I actually have several of them sitting in a basket.  Then the other pieces - these are from the Brilliant Rainbow dies.  I had made a number of cards with the dies (you can see them here) and had all these "rainbow" pieces left.  And happily, I didn't throw them away!

Because:


Here is the first card I made.  I took those rainbow die-cuts and laid them in "rainbow order" (small to large) on a piece of scrap paper.  Then, using Stampin' Blends I colored them.  I held them together with my finger as I colored, so that the colors were essentially the same amount on each piece.


Once I had the rainbow colored, I took one of my leftover circles and placed the pieces, leaving space below for a greeting (from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set).  The circle was mounted to a slightly larger scalloped circle (also from the Layering Circle dies).



All I needed was a card base (Thick Basic White) and a frame - Basic Black cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies.  And a few embellishments - Black Matte Dots - and I was done.

But wait!  There's more!  I had such fun with this card, that I decided to make another:


This time I used pastels.  And I LOVE it!  Same technique, using the Blends, adding the strips to the circle and adding a sentiment (this one from the new Sale-a-Bration brochure - Special Moments).  But I added some little clouds (from the Rainbow dies), stamping one with a face from the December Paper Pumpkin kit...so cute!


And can you see those little rainbows along the side?  Those are cut with another die in the set - I cut two and adhered them to the back side of the Mint Macaron strip.


And speaking of the Mint Macaron strip - it was embossed with the Checks & Dots embossing folder (set of two!).


So there you have it - two cards made from leftovers of other cards.  Such a great way to stretch your supplies - never throw anything away!  (I'm kidding...if I did that I wouldn't have room to sit in my craft room! 😉).  But seriously, think about your die-cut pieces and how else you can use them.   

And don't forget to play with the stuff sitting on your desk!  You can make beautiful creations!


Sale-a-Bration is in full swing!  Make any purchase of $50 or more, and for EACH $50 spent, you can choose a FREE product from the Sale-a-Bration brochure.  The Special Moments stamp set is a large offering, so it requires a $100 purchase.  There are many lovely items for FREE...take a look and grab them while you can!  This is a limited time offer - only until the end of February, or until supplies are depleted.  


Product List

No comments: