Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Another "What's On the Desk?"

 My Ink Masters demonstrator team challenged each other to a "what's on the desk?" card-making contest, so of course I had to participate!  I looked around my desk and saw lots of rainbow pieces from the Brilliant Rainbows dies (left overs from a class I just held), but something else had just been added - a die cut from the Potted Succulents dies.  


A customer had contacted me about her die; she was having difficulty getting it cut out all the way.  So I took a few pieces of cardstock and experimented so I could give her ideas on how to get it to cut better.  But then I had a Granny Apple Green, a Melon Mambo and a Daffodil Delight cut out sitting on my desk. What to do?

How about this?


Since I had all the pieces from the dies, I decided to combine them!  I adhered the Granny Apple Green die cut to a piece of Basic Black.  And then I merely filled in the pieces (tedious!) right into the spaces.  But I love the way it came out.  AND I happened to have a Basic Black Stitched Rectangle negative space (I had used the rectangle and had the "frame" left) sitting on my desk too, so...


I popped it up over the flowers.  

The greeting is from Friends are Like Seashells, stamped in Tuxedo Black on Granny Apple Green (I used my Stamparatus, as I wanted the letters to be very dark - stamped it three times).   


I love what can be made from the scraps on my desk!  

Have you tried it yet?  


Product List

2 comments:

Nancy Hewitt said...

THE CARD IS BEAUTIFUL, A LOT OF WORK, BUT STUNNING

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Nancy - It really was a lot of work (tedious) but the results were worth the effort! Thanks for looking.