Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Let's Send Cards!

I feel helpless!  How about you?

With all the crazy news about corona virus, quarantining, school closures, maintaining social distance, toilet paper runs (?), no large gatherings, and now restaurant closures, life has been turned upside down.  We're taking precautions, even refraining from visiting our grandson, so I'm feeling a bit "unnecessary" in this life.  As a former RN, I'm thinking there is something I should be doing...oh wait!  There is!  Staying home!

So here we are...staying home.  What to do?

Well, the good news is that I have LOTS of crafting supplies, so I've decided to make and send cards to everyone I know.  Just staying in touch makes me feel a little better.

How about this?


Not like we really CAN forget, but hoping this brings a smile to someone's face.

Music from the Heart is a beautiful stamp set, inspired by Million Dollar Sales Achiever Dawn Olchefske.  For any music lover, THIS is a set to get!


The card base is Call Me Clover, with a skinny Basic Black layer.  I used the Golden Honey DSP for the music notes (stamped in Call Me Clover ink), but the set also includes a stamp with lines to create your own staff.


The piano and Treble-clef were stamped with Tuxedo Black, colored with Call Me Clover Stampin' Blends and fussy cut.  The Layering Circles and Stitched Shapes dies gave me the perfect focal point for my piano.


This card is going to my dad.  He's 92, cares for my 91-year old mom who has dementia, and they live with my sister and her husband.  Stressful times for them, so I'm hoping a little levity may help for a few minutes.

What are you doing to keep yourself busy?

Don't forget - Stampin' UP! products can be ordered online, so no need to have any personal contact (I hate that I'm even saying that!), and I would be happy to send you ideas for your stamp sets.  And you can check out my Pinterest Board for Sketch Ideas, here.

Stay healthy, stay busy, and STAY HOME!  And don't forget to STAMP!


Product List



No comments: