Friday, March 27, 2020

Happy Anniversary

44 years ago today I married my husband, Jim.  Hard to believe that we are no longer spring chickens, but he still makes me laugh after all these years.  And I can't imagine anyone I would rather be "isolated" with.

So I had to make him a special anniversary card:


I love how this came out!

Without the ability to go out right now to print photos, I turned to some scrapbooking that I haven't yet completed (from 2 years ago!!!  Can anyone relate?)  I found this selfie, in front of Devils Tower, and decided it would be perfect for my card.

I started by adhering it to a piece of Very Vanilla Thick cardstock.  Then I cut it with the puzzle die from Puzzle Pieces.  This actually turns your photo or stamped image into a puzzle, but I was careful to keep it all together except for one corner piece in the upper left.


I mounted my puzzle to a piece of Shaded Spruce after creating the score lines around the photo.  This was adhered to a skinny layer of Night of Navy, and finally to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Mint Macaron.


I wanted to keep this simple, so I wound some Linen Thread around the cardstock 4 times, and taped it on the back; this piece was then adhered to my Mint Macaron card base.


I finished by popping up the last puzzle piece, and stamping the greeting on Whisper White, then cutting it with the puzzle piece die.

And inside:


Happy Anniversary to my hubby...I hope we'll be around for many more!


Product List


2 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful couple and beautiful card...
Thank you for all of your posts; they make the start of my day joyful and full of color and creativity. I look forward to seeing your posts so much!

Hugs, Sue (well, hugs from a distance obviously)

Priscilla Ivler said...

Thank you, Sue! Glad to help get your day off to a good start (and thanks for visiting each day). Sending hugs to you too!