Saturday, March 21, 2020

Scrappy Strip Cards

I watched a video by Bruno Bertucci last week that showed a fun card-making technique - Scrappy Strips.

So now that I've been "Stayin' in Touch through Stampin'" (sending cards to everyone I know) I decided to try making a few cards from strips.  And I love how they came out!


How is that for bright and cheery?  Wowsers!

I started by cutting strips of cardstock, on an angle.  None of my strips are the same size.  I chose colors from the Brights collection - Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade, Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo and Gorgeous Grape.

Then I went to town adhering them to a piece of Basic Black cardstock, leaving a tiny strip of black between each strip.  So easy!  But oh!  So effective!


While working on the strips, I just left them long, hanging over either end.  Once done filling the piece of black cardstock, I flipped it over and, using the edge of the black as my guide, cut off the overhanging strips.  Then I mounted the piece to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black before adding it to my card base.  I did one with a Bermuda Bay base, and one with Poppy Parade.


And in the midst of all this craziness going on in the world, is that greeting not perfect?  While making the card I kept thinking of "brighter days" and I realized that the wonderful Beautiful You stamp set has this phrase included.  I used the Stitched So Sweetly dies, and finished off with a piece of Black Bakers Twine.

I'm sending cards to friends, family, customers, and even the staff at my local market, reaching out to say "hi", "thinking of you", and "sending hugs".  I thought this was a perfect card for this project; how about you?


Product List




3 comments:

Twila said...

Love these cards! Gotta make some! Thanks for sharing!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Twila! They are not difficult to make, and the results are wonderful! Plus, you get to use up all those paper scraps we all hoard, right?

Anonymous said...

So striking! You could use this design for a great many occasions. Thanks for the inspiration.