Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wednesday's What's On the Desk?

I've still got a bunch of scraps on my desk.  The never-ending pile of "misfit pieces" that were initially meant to become a card, but something got in the way.  😕  So today, I've taken some of these pieces and created a card...take a look:


Here's where I started; what a mess!  But lots of pieces and shapes to choose from.  Where to begin?


I like these - a Stitched Rectangle frame, some Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay circles, two vellum poppies and a Stitched So Sweetly label--they're color coordinated.

Now what?


OK, here's my color palette:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White and Basic Black.


I started by cutting out the outlines of the poppies from the Poppy Moments dies, and adding them to the Vellum poppies.  I also embossed the Whisper White layer with the Stones embossing folder:


I LOVE the texture of this folder!


I like the placement.  But not quite sure about those circles.


Better!  And I found a greeting that I love, although the set is now retired.  Stamped in black and cut with the Stitched Shapes oval, it's a perfect fit on the label die cut.

But it needs something...


Leaves!  Stamped in black on Bermuda Bay, using the Painted Poppies stamps, and cut with the Painted Labels dies, it's just what I was looking for.


OK, let's put this puppy together!


The addition of a few Black Rhinestones (retired) are just the right amount of bling.


I love the vellum flowers!


This will go to a special friend, as I'm Staying In Touch Through Stampin'.  I'm sending cards to friends, family, customers, neighbors, employees in my local market, and the folks who continue to feed school kids while the school is closed.  Just a little "thank you", "I'm thinking of you" or "hello".   I expect you have a lot of cards sitting around...why not join me in brightening someone's day while we are isolated from each other?

And if you happen to need any supplies, I would love to help you!  You can shop in my online store without any personal contact; click here and click on "Shop Now" to go to my store.


Product List




No comments: