Sunday, March 1, 2020

Inspiration Sunday

Have you ever just wandered through a store and something catches your eye, and you suddenly get inspired to create something?  Well that happened to me as I was wandering Home Goods while waiting for my husband who was in another store.  And this is what I saw:


Not something I would necessarily purchase, but it reminded me of something...hmmm...

So I came home and created this:


Can you see the inspiration?


Something about that beehive cookie jar got my creative juices stirring, and it occurred to me that the Basket Weave embossing folder looks kinda like that pottery, don't ya think?  So I embossed a piece of Pinapple Punch cardstock with the folder and cut it out with the Detailed Bee dies.  Cute?  I think so.

And that cookie jar had purple flowers, so I stamped, colored and cut these, from Honey Bee.  And of course, those bees...they were stamped with Tuxedo Black, colored with a Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend marker, and I added Wink of Stella to the wings:


My little beehive was mounted to a piece of the (no longer available 😢) Golden Honey Designer Series Paper - so popular during Sale-A-Bration that supplies are completely depleted!


I used the dies to cut some honeycomb with Gold Foil, and saved some of the punch-outs for additional decorating.  The Whisper White cardstock was embossed with an old embossing folder that looks like honeycomb, and I adhered a few of the gold pieces right over the embossed design.


I finished my card with a greeting on a flagged banner, and added some Gold Thread under it for a little added shine.


You just never know when inspiration will strike!  But it's always fun to create when you get inspired, isn't it?

Product List



No comments: