Friday, March 20, 2020

Happy "B" Day

Prior to the Golden Honey Designer Series Paper selling out, I had gotten a pack and was trying to make the most of it.  I needed to wrap a birthday gift for my sister, and thought of this:


Isn't that cute?

First I worked on the box.  I took Basic Black cardstock and figured out my measurements for the box bottom.  Then I made the top using the DSP.  It was a perfect fit for a pair of yoga pants for my sister.  Wrapped with the Gold ribbon (from the Holiday Mini catalog) it was so pretty!

But then I needed a little card.


So I created a coordinating card using the Detailed Bee dies.  It's a small card, just 4" x 4", just right for sliding under the ribbon on the package.

I cut the beehive with the dies, and ran it through an embossing machine with the Basket Weave folder.  Then I stamped and cut the flower from Honey Bee.  The bee was cut using Gold Foil, and I used the die outline to cut some black cardstock to fit under the foil bee to give it more color.


The Well Written dies made my greeting easy - I cut 'happy' and 'birthday' with Lovely Lipstick cardstock, then snipped off the 'birth', leaving my greeting to say "Happy "B" Day".


I love making pretty packages, and my sister loved getting it.

Using Designer Series Paper to wrap your gifts is so easy!  And it's even easier to give a coordinated gift box and card.  What could be better?


Product List


No comments: