Sunday, September 24, 2017

Succulent Garden

Check out this cute succulent garden:

My mother-in-law has been attending an Annual Birthday Bash for all of her friends for about 25 years.  They all get together once a year and celebrate EVERYONE'S birthday at the same time, regardless of when their actual birthday is.  My mother-in-law will be turning 90 in December.  This party started with 12 women, way back when; today the group only consists of seven ladies. 😢  But still a celebration for those continue to attend after all these years!  What a group of friends!

Several years ago, my mother-in-law asked me to make favors for their party.  They were a hit.  And this year, she is once again in charge of the favors...and who did she turn to?  Me!  😉  So I put on my thinking cap and tried to come up with a new idea (last time I made matchboxes for everyone), and although the Succulent Framelits retired, they are currently on the Clearance Rack (for a GREAT price!), so I pulled mine out and made these.


I started with the Clear Tiny Treat Boxes.  What a bargain!  These come 16 boxes to the set for only $7.50!  And they hold 8 Hershey Nuggets.  So I started by cutting strips of Designer Series Papers just under 2" x just under 8".  Then I scored them at just under 2", every 2".  This allowed me to insert the strip into my box.

Next I wrapped the Nuggets in matching DSP, and finished off two of them with a tiny punched flower and a pearl.

 I cut a square, using the Stitched Shapes framelits, and stamped a birthday greeting in an ink color matching the DSP.  Each box has a different greeting.  And this was slid inside the box front, between the acrylic and the DSP:


Then I closed up my box and wrapped it, on the outside, using another strip of the DSP.


And it was time to decorate the top.  I cut seven sets of succulents, using varying colors of cardstock.  Then I sponged the edges of all the layers, curled the edges using my Bone Folder, and adhered the layers together. 

Doesn't that look real?  LOVE!

All they have to do is slide off the outer wrapping to get to the goodies inside.  But I bet a few of the ladies will just leave their boxes alone and set them out on display.

Happy Birthday to the Ladies Group!  What an impressive group of friends!


Product List



No comments: