Saturday, September 2, 2017

A Beary Christmas

While stamping my granddaughter's birthday card last week (see it here), I stamped a few extra baby bears (because I goofed up on a few of the cards 😟).  So one was sitting on my desk when I pulled out my new Christmas Quilt goodies, and lo and behold, THIS popped out:

Is that not adorable?  {love}

The Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper is absolutely luscious--makes me think of a "down home" Christmas.  Although the main colors are Garden Green and Real Red, there are a few splashes of unexpected hues - Pool Party, Blushing Bride and Lemon Lime Twist - making the paper stack quite a bit more versatile than just for Christmas.  And with the traditional quilt patterns, I know this will be a favorite for holiday cards.

But I just used one piece, the Garden Green plaid.


This little bear had been stamped for a birthday card, but I messed up the sentiment.  Not wanting to waste the bear, I cut it using the Layering Squares Framelits.  But a little part of the messed up sentiment was showing in the corner -- not to worry!  Mistakes are the catalyst of creativity, right?

So I cut a frame, using Garden Green and two sizes of nesting Squares, and popped it up around my Baby Bear with Foam Adhesive Strips.  This framed my bear perfectly!  And that cute little holly berry embellishment is part of the Quilted Christmas Suite--Stitched Felt Embellishments.  Just what was needed in the corner.

And what did I do for the sentiment?  I combined "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" from Christmas Quilt, masking out "merry", and replaced it with "beary", from Baby Bear ("love you beary much!").  Gosh, sometimes I just love myself!


The card base is Garden Green, with a layer of Whisper White.  The sentiment is mounted on Real Red, and I finished with a small heart from the Brights Enamel Shapes.

The new Holiday Catalog is live and ready to receive your order.  How about a little Quilted Christmas with a Baby Bear?


Product List




2 comments:

Laurie/Paul said...

Soooo cute!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Laurie! I couldn't let this lonely bear go to waste!