Friday, September 8, 2017

Still More Leftovers

Yes, it's Day 3 of my Card Club Leftovers and what I did with them.

Here is the original card we stamped during our club evening.  I had two girls accompany their grandma, and they were very good stampers.  I wanted to have a card that I knew they would like:

It's a 4" x 4" card of Thick Whisper White cardstock, with a layer of Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper.  We also started with a Whisper White square, a Pool Party square and a Whisper White square with scallops, all cut with the Layering Squares Framelits.

Our bottle from Message in a bottle was stamped using Smoky Slate ink, and we added the water with Pool Party.  Our mermaid was stamped and colored using Blender Pens.  Then we stamped the anchor and shells from Seaside Shore and cut them out.  Very cute.

But, I went a different direction when making my next card:

I turned the card on it's side and added some Pool Party 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon.  Then, using So Many Shells, I stamped the sentiment with Crumb Cake ink and the shells using Powder Pink and Blushing Bride, and Soft Sky and Pool Party.  These were fussy cut and adhered with Dimensionals.  But basically the same card.

And next, a holiday card:


Again, same basic layout, but I used the snowflakes from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits, and stamped "peace" from Christmas Quilt.  All I needed was a few Rhinestones, and called it done.

But finally, I went rogue again:

I love this one!  💘
I merely turned the scalloped square on the diagonal, left the other layers alone, and stamped the images from Half Full.  The wine glass is stamped directly on the card front, while the bottle was paper-pieced -- the bottle was stamped in Old Olive and fussy cut, the label in Pool Party and the bottle top using Gold Foil.

I also stamped, colored and cut the grapes, and added a Burlap ribbon bow.  And can you see the wine glass and how it looks like "glass"?  I "painted" over it with my Fine Tip Glue and let it dry.  So pretty!

So here are my four cards - all started with the same supplies, but they all came out different.  Such fun!  Do you have a favorite?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?


Product List


2 comments:

Laurie/Paul said...

Nice, I didn't know you did another class...😊

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Laurie; yes I have another group of ladies, most of whom know each other. But I'm thinking of combining everyone, so you may get to meet them.