Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hearts Come Home

After I received my Holiday Catalog order I fell in love with the Hometown Greetings Edgelits.  I made one card that I shared previously, and then I worked a little harder and created a second one, very similar to the sample in the catalog:

 Now I must admit that this was not a Level 1 card (easy); it's more like a Level 5 card (hard).  But I love the results.  And the edgelits dies are very easy to work with.  The hard part is snipping all those little Daffodil Delight "lights" in the windows and deciding where to place all the houses.  But it was worth the effort.

Let's take a closer look:

Look at the detail!

I started with a Pool Party card base, 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".  Then, using Whisper White cardstock, I cut the dies.  There are three detailed "house strips" in this set (along with some other fun dies) and I used all three.

After adding the "lights" I began to stack the cutouts, with the one in the back glued directly to my card base, and using Dimensionals to pop up the other two layers.

I hand-snipped the final layer of "snow" across the bottom after stamping the sentiment.

The only thing I wish I had done differently was stamp the moon in the other direction.  Not sure why I did it this way...silly, right?  But maybe there was a lunar eclipse that night when Santa was flying by...😉

Anyway, terrific dies, and sure to please those of you who are willing to spend a little more time creating masterpieces!  You ARE out there, right?


Product List




No comments: